Concordia res Parvae Crescunt
All TAC Chapters
10th Amendment Commission
10th Amendment Resolution
Travel Freedom Act
Federal Health Care Nullification Act
Defend the Guard
Intrastate Commerce Act
Hemp Freedom Act
Constitutional Tender Act
Environmental Preservation Act
Liberty Preservation Act
Terms and Refunds
TAC Online Courses
Tenther Radio Ads
MORE GIFT IDEAS...
Become a Member
Join the TAC Today!
Official TAC Products
Tenther Radio Advertising
Totes and More
Politically Incorrect Guide To The Constitution
List Price: $24.95
You save $2.00!
Leaves Warehouse within 3-4 business days
The Constitution of the United States created a representative republic marked by federalism and the separation of powers. Yet numerous federal judges--led by the Supreme Court--have used the Constitution as a blank check to substitute their own views on hot-button issues such as abortion, capital punishment, and samesex marriage for perfectly constitutional laws enacted by We the People through our elected representatives.
Now, The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the Constitution shows that there is very little relationship between the Constitution as ratified by the thirteen original states more than two centuries ago and the "constitutional law" imposed upon us since then. Instead of the system of state-level decision makers and elected officials the Constitution was intended to create, judges have given us a highly centralized system in which bureaucrats and appointed--not elected--officials make most of the important policies.
In The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the Constitution, Professor Kevin Gutzman, who holds advanced degrees in both law and American history:
* explains how the Constitution was understood by the founders who wrote it and the people who ratified it * follows the Supreme Court as it uses the fig leaf of the Constitution to cover its naked usurpation of the rights and powers the Constitution explicitly reserves to the states and to the people
* shows how we slid from the Constitution's republican federal government, with its very limited powers, to an unrepublican "judgeocracy" with limitless powers
* reveals how huge swaths of American law and society were remade in the wake of Supreme Court rulings * reveals how the Fourteenth Amendment has been twisted to use the Bill of Rights as a check on state power instead of on federal power, as originally intended
* exposes the radical inconsistency between "constitutional law" and the rule of law
* contends that the judges who receive the most attention in history books are celebrated for acting against the Constitution rather than for it
As Professor Gutzman shows, constitutional law is supposed to apply the Constitution's plain meaning to prevent judges, presidents, and congresses from overstepping their authority. If we want to return to the founding fathers' vision of the Republic, if we want the Constitution enforced in the way it was explained to the people at the time of its ratification, then we have to overcome the "received wisdom" about what constitutional law is. The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the Constitution is an important step in that direction.
Finding Freedom: The Untold Story of Joshua Glover, Runaway Slave
View of the Constitution of the United States
Lies the Government Told You: Myth, Power, and Deception in American History
The Original Constitution: What it Really Said and Meant
The Creation of the American Republic, 1776-1787
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item: