Concordia res Parvae Crescunt
All TAC Chapters
10th Amendment Commission
10th Amendment Resolution
Travel Freedom Act
Federal Health Care Nullification Act
Defend the Guard
Intrastate Commerce Act
Hemp Freedom Act
Constitutional Tender Act
Environmental Preservation Act
Liberty Preservation Act
Terms and Refunds
TAC Online Courses
Tenther Radio Ads
MORE GIFT IDEAS...
Become a Member
Join the TAC Today!
Official TAC Products
Tenther Radio Advertising
Totes and More
Presidential War Power
Leaves Warehouse within 3-4 business days
In this new edition, Louis Fisher updates his arguments throughout, critiques the presidential actions of William Clinton and George W. Bush, and challenges their dangerous expansion of executive power. Spanning the life of the Republic from the Revolutionary Era to the nation's post-9/11 wars, the new edition now covers:
- New military initiatives including the Use of Force Act, the Iraq Resolution of 2002, George W. Bush's new "preemption doctrine," and his order authorizing military tribunals.
- President Clinton's overt and covert military actions in Bosnia and against Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan and Osama bin Laden.
- George H. W. Bush's reasons for not pushing on to Baghdad to overthrow Saddham Hussein after DESERT STORM.
- Numerous Congressional initiatives, including a 1995 effort to amend the War Powers Resolution and a proposed 1998 amendment to use the power of the purse to limit presidential military initiatives.
- The 1998 CIA "whistle-blowing" statute.
- New sections on the Vandenberg Resolution of 1948, the "Little Sarah" incident of 1793, and early apparent precedents that did not make the President the "sole organ" of foreign affairs.
- New material on letters of marque and reprisal, the law of nations, presidential "fame," and the contributions of Joseph Story.
James Madison and the Making of America
The Founding Fathers Guide to the Constitution
Finding Freedom: The Untold Story of Joshua Glover, Runaway Slave
Liberty, State, & Union: The Political Theory of Thomas Jefferson
Theodore and Woodrow: How Two American Presidents Destroyed Constitutional Freedom
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item: